Wednesday, March 30, 2011

31 March 2011 - I am not who others say I am or whom I'm with

After all the questions I asked today, the point still came down to my self-worth.
I had issues with not being attached, not having a family, like the rest of my friends.

And God's words comes to mind - to NOT look to the world's standards but His.
And He says that I am righteous, I am perfect, He is happy with me just the way I am, regardless of whether I am attached or not.

Sandra pointed out that perhaps I have always been attached. And it is rather interesting. I look back and realised that I have almost always been attached - since 14. Since Joel! I have never quite NOT had a bf or someone. Even during the 3 years after I broke up with Zak, I ended up with Rayner and Tricia and all the sorts, so it was not a full 3 year being alone!

I think this is the longest time I am alone! And I am still questioning alot of things.

The world tells me heaps!
If I am not with someone by a certain age, no family by a certain age, something is wrong with me. But God says I am perfect!

He knows when it is best to bless me with a relationship, with a family of my own.

I am trying to depend on having someone to lighten my burdens - financially, emotionally, everything!

But that's not God's plans for me. He wants me to lean into Him, rely on Him!

Wow... this is not easy, but this is definitely doable!

I just have to stop judging myself based on what I have, whom I have and what I do. My value is based on who Jesus is, and what He did and what God has done!

May the Holy Spirit constantly remind me of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment